Thursday, April 17, 2008

We made it!

I officially made it thru tax season for the very first time! I actually had a lot of fun with it. I think Mom may have been a little stressed...but hopefully I helped to ease some of the burden. I learned a lot this year, but I still have soooo much to learn! Now we're on to the every day tasks of reconciling bank statements, filing quarterly reports, and trying to make sense out of the mess some businesses call "bookkeeping"! Again, I have a lot to learn! I'm glad Mom is such a patient teacher.

More importantly, the countdown is now on for when Brody and I get to see Mike again!!! Only 8 more days until we're in Kansas for a week long visit!!! Brody and I are VERY excited! Today Mike was talking to Brody on the phone and asked if he wanted to go play golf when we get to Kansas. Brody got very excited and promptly told me, "Mommy...go Durango...see Daddy...GOLF!" He even got my tennis shoes out of my closet and started trying to put them on my feet! I tried to explain to him that he would get to play golf with Daddy but that it's many naptimes and nigh nights away from now. He didn't understand. When we got in the car to go get dinner he was so happy. When we pulled back up at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house he burst into tears and cried, "Daddy's house! Kansas!!" I carried him inside where he proceeded to cry at the door until I got Mike on the webcam. Then Brody was happy talking to Daddy. I understand. Talking to Mike makes me happy too!

8 comments:

Anna said...

So sweet! Only 8 more days! Yay! You are going to have so much fun seeing Mike! Yay for tax season to be over...many prayers to you!

RaeAnn said...

Glad your first tax season went well. Hopefully the next 8 days go fast for you guys and Mike. We're looking forward to seeing you too!

Paula said...

I love to hear Brody say "Durango." So cute! You have a very smart little boy.

Amy said...

Awww.. I am glad for you for tax season being over. But the part about Brody made me so sad :( Pretty soon, you will all be together again.

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Glad you all get to see each other soon! Poor Brody, glad the webcam helped make it a little better!

Teri said...

Aww, it's so hard, we want them to be excited about what's coming up, but they do not understand the time issue. We had an interesting conversation, We were talking about little jobs for Erin for the summer and she got quiet and said she had wanted to help watch Brody. (sniff) Actually she and Sydney are fantasizing coming to TX to help you guys out. They're sure it would be OK!

Jessica said...

See... there's just no way that boy could forget about his daddy! (Yay for tax season being over and done with - for this year, anyway!)

Ledbetter Fam said...

So glad you made it through. I'm sure you learned so much!!! I bet you guys are getting so excited to see Mike. Be careful on your trip.

JB