Friday, April 25, 2008

Safe and Sound

Brody and I made it to KS last night around 8 pm. Brody was awesome on the trip. When we left Daddy Steve & Namaw's house he said, "Daddy's house in Kansas?" I told him after his nap. So he immediately went to sleep and slept the first 2.5 hours. Then he woke up asking for Daddy. I told him after dinner. He played with his toys in the back seat and talked until we stopped for dinner around 5 pm. After eating an entire hamburger at McDonald's, I made him a special cup of ice cream. I put half milk and half chocolate shake in his sippy cup so that we could get back on the road (and I could have a milkshake without him wanting some of it in the car)! Worked like a charm. He drank on that for the next hour!

Mike called when we were almost home and said that he was just about to leave the golf course. We ended up beating him home. Brody was so excited to see Remington and the kitties...then he just wanted to see Daddy. I told him to wait on the porch while I took our stuff inside. He stood on his tiptoes looking down the road for Daddy's truck. I wish I had it on video when Mike pulled up the drive. Brody ran thru the yard towards Mike while Mike ran towards him. Brody was laughing the whole way with his arms reaching up towards Mike. It was so sweet! He was so happy to be in Daddy's arms! Then the first words out of his mouth were, "Daddy golf?!" So he and Mike stayed outside playing golf until it was too dark to see.

It was sensory overload for Brody inside the house. He had to explore every room and got excited over toys he hasn't seen in 2 months. We finally put him in bed at 9:30 (really late for him) and he went right to sleep.

This morning he wasn't too happy to see Mike leave for work. In fact, he's been playing in the room by the front door all morning just waiting for Daddy to get home and mow (Mike told him they'd mow after work).

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I am so glad y'all made it safely and Brody was so good on the ride there! I wish you had a video of Brody and Mike running towards eachother, SO sweet!
Enjoy being home- love you!

Amy said...

That boy sure loves his daddy. So sweet. Glad you made it home safely. Enjoy the week with your hubby!!

Steve and Joan said...

Daddy Steve misses Brody. That should have been the front page headline in our paper this morning.

I think Missy and Molly even miss sharing food with Brody!

I'm glad you are having fun with Mike! I hope it doesn't rain this afternoon up there because Mike would have to mow in the rain!

Daddy Steve

Anonymous said...

Daddy Steve had to mow by himself today - so sad...

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back in Kansas - it'll
be good to see you!!!