Thursday, March 20, 2008

Waiting for Daddy

Brody didn't take a nap today. I think he was too excited about Daddy coming to town! Since he was wide awake, Daddy Steve took him outside to help him cut down the pampas grass and mow the yard. I was getting phone updates as to where Mike was...and Brody wasn't going to come inside until he got there! It's a good thing that he didn't hit too much traffic! Brody was sooooo excited when Mike arrived. He immediately grabbed his new golf club to show Daddy how he could hit the ball! Brody kept looking at me and saying, "Daddy here!" and then he'd run and give Mike a hug.
I can't tell you how good it felt to have Mike wrap his arms around me and give me a big hug. We've missed him soooooo much! I know this weekend will fly by...but I plan on enjoying every single second of it with my husband!

3 comments:

Holli's Kansas Adventures said...

I am sure by now you are already missing him again. I am so glad you got to spend that time though. Something just tells me he was probably pretty excited to see you guys too! :-)

Anna said...

I am so glad you got some time with Mike! I am sure it was so fun, and now you are missing him...You are in our prayers...

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad Mike was able to make it down to spend some time with you guys.