Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sunshine on My Shoulder

The sun came back out today! Yay!

After breakfast, Daddy Steve and Brody spent an hour or so in the garage. Daddy Steve let Brody "drive" his mustang. Since Daddy Steve let him drive, Brody agreed to sweep the garage floor.
I had to take a tax return to a client that lives by GG, so we decided to stop in for lunch! Daddy Steve, Brody, and I got to eat a yummy lunch with GG and Sissie. I think Brody drank 1.5 containers of chocolate milk and ate an entire bowl of Jello!

Then he tried to figure out if he would get in trouble for attempting to play the organ.
Sissie gave Brody a ride back to GG's apartment on the seat of her walker.
We didn't stay long since it was almost nap time. GG has a tradition of giving the great-grandkids a few pennies to throw into the fish pond as they leave her apartment. Brody was excited to throw the pennies in the pond...but he didn't like it when I told him that he couldn't go swimming with the fish!
After a short nap, Daddy Steve and Brody spent the rest of the afternoon outside. Brody helped Daddy Steve fix a few things in the cabana with his pliers and screwdriver.
After I finished work for the day, I went on a short walk with the guys. My back is really sore tonight, so I couldn't make it very far. I think I'm gonna cash in one of those massages that Mike got me for Christmas in the next week or so!

Only 1 more night until Mike is here!!! All day I'd ask Brody, "Who's gonna be here tomorrow?" and he'd reply, "Daddy!!!!!!!" Then after a brief pause he'd say, "and Trevor!" lol. Guess he's excited to see the puppy too.


6 comments:

suzspeaks said...

It sounds like from all the posts today that you are having a good week! I love the pictures of Brody dancing in the rain!

yea for Mike & Trevor coming to town!!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite pic in this series is the one of Brody at the organ. His eyes are so expressive. What in the world is going through his mind? I could stare at that little face for hours.

Ann Hastings said...

Such a fun day! We can't wait to see Mike on Saturday :)

Laura said...

Texas sounds fun!!! I can't wait to hear about the reunion with Mike.

Ledbetter Fam said...

I hope you guys are having fun with Mike. I'm just catching up on blogs. This is the end of my Spring Break and between family being in town and us all getting sick, I haven't even looked at the computer all week. It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun here in Arlington. Call me sometime so we can go to dinner or do something fun. I hate that we are right here next to each other and we haven't found time to do anything.

JB

Teri said...

Glad you are getting time for spontaneous family visits. Looks like you are having so much fun!