Thursday, March 06, 2008

Update

So far work is going well! I feel like I'm asking tons of questions...but Mom keeps telling me that I'm doing a good job...so I'll go with that ;) I'm enjoying the work and I'm also enjoying the work environment. Brody has a lot more room to play here (freely) than he did at the rec commission and that has helped him be happier during the day. I've been working in the morning, then taking about an hour lunch break, and then working some more while Brody naps.

Tuesday was gorgeous outside so Daddy Steve, Namaw, and I took Brody on a walk. We went all the way down to the lake and back. That used to seem like a short jaunt to me...but being pregnant seems to make that walk MUCH longer! It took us an hour! Of course, that included stopping at the lake and letting Brody play on the dock.

Wednesday I took Brody to church at Pleasant Ridge. Mom was working and Dad had an elders meeting after church...so it was just me and Brody. At our church in Kansas they don't start any classes until the kids are 2 years old. Until then they are in the nursery. At PR they start classes at 18 months! I dropped Brody off and he seemed fine! When I picked him up 45 minutes later he was sitting in one of the teachers laps (she was holding a klenex) and he was sniffling. His face was bright red and I could tell he'd been crying. I said, "Has he cried the whole time?" She said, "No, most of the time he was really good...but the last half of class he cried." I felt terrible! She assured me that it was ok and that it'll just take him some time to get used to everything. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with me dropping him off with what seemed like strangers to him. Mom is one of the teachers in his class on Sunday morning, so maybe that'll help ease him into it. I think the time was also a factor. Church doesn't start until 7:30 pm on Wednesday nights...so that's a pretty late night for the little guy!

Today the weather turned cold! We went with Jan, Mom, Julie, Katelyn, and Collin to GG's for lunch. It was raining this morning when we arrived, but by the time we left GG's apartment to head to the dining room it was sleeting! I think it took Julie and her kids a LONG time to get home because of the 4-6 inches of snow they got in their area of the metroplex! We got some snow here too. For a while there were really big flakes falling...but then it stopped. Of course the ground is warm enough that it melted off the streets really fast. I had to laugh because they bumped Oprah today for the "breaking news" of snowfall! I don't know that I've ever seen them do that in Kansas!

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Thanks for posting- we can't wait to see you and Brody... hopefully soon.
The weather was bad here yesterday-I am glad y'all were safe!

Anonymous said...

We left G.G.'s at 1:15 yesterday. I didn't get home until 4:00. Collin was not happy! I was worried about Lauren beating me home, since she usually arrives by bus about 3:10. She didn't make it home until 4:35. She said that it was fun though because they sang Christmas songs the whole time. That bus driver deserves a raise!! Only in Texas...

Shauna said...

Yeah - you know snow in TX is a HUGE DEAL!!! :) So funny!

Teri said...

Glad to hear you are settling in, I'm sure Brody will be OK as he gets used to his new surroundings! Sounds like your off to a great start. Miss ya!

Ledbetter Fam said...

It was good to see you on Wednesday. Sorry I was in such a rush. With our class starting earlier than the others, I have to hurry and get the kids settled in their classes. I hope you enjoyed it.

JB