Saturday, March 15, 2008

Garage Sale

We got to see lots of Caleb, Audria, Tyler, Ann, and Jan the last few days! It was Garage Sale Weekend! Thursday night they all came over to set up for a garage sale. By 6:30 am yesterday Jan and Ann were starting to open things up for the day...and the crowds were already gathering! They sold a lot of stuff on Friday. I even found a treasure for my friend Teri (back in KS)! Ann's parents were selling a set of nice dishes with a wheat pattern on them. They looked so familiar. I took a picture of them and emailed it to Teri. Sure enough...it's the same pattern as the ones that she's had for years! I'll send them back to Kansas with Mike when he comes to visit (did I mention that it's only 4 more days until I get to see my hot hubby again?!?!?!!!)

Saturday Caleb, Audria, & Tyler joined Ann in working the garage sale. Actually, most of the day it ended up being me, Ann, Audria, and Mom in the garage talking while the guys played in the back yard with Brody! Brody wanted to show Caleb & Tyler how Daddy Steve taught him to hit a baseball. It's amazing how accurate he is! I was surprised that he keeps his eye on the ball and actually makes contact on a high percentage of his swings!
Caleb & Tyler thought Brody's bat was HUGE for him...so they decided to find a bat for them to play with that would be the same size (in proportion to their body) as the bat Brody was using.
Chuck, the neighbor across the street, was getting ready to run some errands on his motorcycle and let Brody sit on it while he talked to the guys. Brody made the motorcycle look really big.
As the garage sale was winding down, Audria, Ann, and I went on a quick shopping trip (well...maybe not "quick"...but it wasn't all day!) while the guys packed up what was left and took it to Goodwill. I was worn out by the time we got home! Here's a picture of me relaxing at the dinner table. You can see that the baby has gotten big enough now to give me a place to rest my hands!
Brody was sooooooo tired tonight. He played outside ALL day. I wonder if Caleb, Tyler, and Daddy Steve were worn out too? I gave Brody a bath and put him to bed early. He went right to sleep!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It looks like you are keeping busy and having fun in TX! Can we see some official belly pics? You look so cute!

RaeAnn said...

Your belly is getting bigger! It's amazing how much the baby grows in 3 weeks!

Teri said...

I was thinking the same thing. You sure are keeping busy! I love the photos of Brody whacking the baseball!

Ann Hastings said...

Tyler loved getting to spend time with Brody :) We all had a great time (as always).

Jamie said...

Brody looks like a natural on that motercycle. Look out! Oh and his new hair-cut is so sweet. He looks like such a big boy.

Amy said...

ooooooooooh, look at that belly!!

Shauna said...

i love your belly!!! So sweet! Ok - so we need to get together soon!