Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rainy Day

Mike is on Spring Break this week (the advantage of working for a school district). The tech coordinator that works with him, Terry, is in the process of building a house out in the country. Mike's plan was to spend this week helping Terry frame up the house. Well....I guess God had other plans. Yesterday it rained all day....and there's rain in the forecast most days this week!

We enjoyed the rainy day to the fullest when I got home from work yesterday. Mike played with Brody while I took a shower and got comfy. Then we put Brody down for a nap, fixed a snack, and watched a movie! We haven't done that in forever! We watched "Into Thin Air" based on the book by John Krakauer about the deadly Everest climb of 1996.

After the movie, we made dinner together. Mike wanted to make empanadas. He found a recipe online and we made pizza empanadas and then peach dessert empanadas. It took a while to make them (mainly because we didn't have the ingredients I thought we had)...but they were yummy :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love rainy days.. makes me miss living in Oregon. Sounds like you and Mike had a nice, romantic afternoon and evening together :)

Anonymous said...

What an unexpected blessing of time together - the Good Lord always knows what's best!!!!

Steve and Joan said...

I thought empenadas were something you hit with a stick while blindfolded.

Hi Brody!!!

Shauna said...

I love rainy lazy days! It is cloudy here today - I keep praying for a little rain to go along with it! Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am not fond of rainy days, but it sounds like you made a fun day out of it.

Anonymous said...

I have wondered if they have gotten anything done on the house. too bad. I'm off to find out what empenadas are...