Monday, March 26, 2007

Weekend in Review

Mike and I were both craving sweets (Butterfingers to be exact) on Friday night. So we decided to take Brody to town to walk around the "lake" (it's really a big pond....but it's called a Lake! lol) This gave us a good excuse to stop by the grocery store for sweets on our way back home ;) It was a BEAUTIFUL night. There was a light breeze and walking around the lake was so peaceful and pleasant! We took the backpack and Mike carried Brody as we walked around the "lake". We tried putting him in one of the baby swings...but he's still too small. I held him on my lap for a little while and swung in the big swing. I know all of you can hear the creaking and squeaking that old metal swing sets make. Someday Brody will know that sound too. It's a sound that takes you back.....

Saturday we woke up to lots of rain. Luckily we moved the rec league soccer games to the afternoons this year. By 10 am the rain had stopped and the wind was blowing (which dried the fields out enough to play). I headed to the soccer fields around 11 am to get everything set up. The weather was beautiful for the first set of games (which I had to ref because we were one ref short)...but the clouds came out and the wind picked up for the last 3 hours of games! RaeAnn, Cheyenne, and I were cold and windblown by the time the games were over and we got everything picked up! KU played in the Elite Eight on Saturday night, so RaeAnn & Cheyenne came over to our house to watch the game. Brody and Cheyenne had fun playing together (for the hour before Brody had to go to bed)!

Sunday morning I woke up to a sore throat. Mike didn't want me passing it around at church...so I had to stay home. Sunday afternoon we laid around watching basketball and taking cat naps. Last night I had trouble sleeping due to the thousands of field toads croaking outside our open window, a random helicopter that flew over, a sore throat, Brody waking up crying, and dreams of gorilla warfare (don't ask!) lol! We (well...Mike) only had to get up once with Brody (because Brody had worked his way out of his covers AND his PJs! and was cold)...but we were both tossing and turning a lot. When I asked Mike if he was sleeping as bad as I was he replied, "I'm just using it to pray." There went my pitty party!

10 comments:

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Must have been a bad night for sleeping all around, Dana and I had trouble too. Moon must be in the wrong spot! Lol :-D And now you have me craving butterfingers, you're evil! :-)

-Sapphire

Amy said...

I didn't sleep well either. Uggh.

Steve and Joan said...

I slept great, so it wasn't all of humanity!

RaeAnn said...

We enjoyed watching the game with you and Brody Saturday night. Just wish the outcome would have been the other way.

I could hear the toads croaking as I read your blog. That was crazy how loud they were Saturday night.

suzspeaks said...

I hope you sleep better tonight!!!(of course, I'm sure you're asleep now since you have to get up in 5 hours!!)

Anonymous said...

How did he get out of his pajamas?

Staci said...

Mom- Mike had unbuttoned the top few buttons on his pj's b/c he was hot. I guess that gave him enough of a start to get them all the way off!

laura said...

Brody is absolutely adorable!

Steve and Joan said...

I love the photos! Brody's smile is so cute. And he looks so innocent pulling Mike's ear. Like, "What's that thing? I never noticed it before!"

Liam and Graham said...

The pictures of Brody in the back carrier with Mike are wonderful - what a beatiful "lake"!
- Dani