Thursday, March 15, 2007

I Cried

I need to start this story by saying that Wendy's husband found a new job which will require him to do a lot of traveling. Until now, he's been the parent at home with their kids in the evenings while she works the late shift. Now that he'll be gone a lot...she knew her job was going to have to change. A few weeks ago she asked me to pray for her decision. She even came in and asked if there was any way we could hire her full time. I wish there was...but there's just not enough work/money for another full time person.

Yesterday the news came. Her employer approved a shift change for her (working 8 am-4 pm) which will allow her to be home with her children in the evenings. I am so happy for her family. She needs to be there for her children. However, I'm so sad for the rec. She has been an amazing employee. I have NEVER seen her without a smile on her face (even the day she tried to come to work with the flu!) She doesn't just take care of the children during aerobics...she LOVES them! She treats them like they're her family. She sings to them, plays with them, and has been teaching all of them Spanish! She takes immaculate care of our facilities. As soon as she started working here comments were rolling in about how clean/neat the facilities looked.

Not only is she an amazing employee, she is a wonderful friend. With the hours she'll be working at her new job....I'll never see her. It will be like she moved away. I'll be back home in Sterling by the time she comes in to work out. We have had a lot of fun together the past few years. We've laughed together, prayed together, and cried together.

Yesterday...I cried.

2 comments:

RaeAnn said...

We will definately miss Wendy. I am glad that she was able to work something out for her family's sake though. Although I will get to see her a little more if she comes in and works out in the evenings. I just hope we can find someone for her position that was as wonderful as she was.

Unknown said...

I am sorry that your friend is leaving! She sounds like so much fun, and I loved that picture of here doing aerobics with Brody watching in your earlier post.

Also, your fireplace looks amazing! Mike is very handy! And, of course, Brody is PRECIOUS!