Monday, March 19, 2007

Better than TV

A month ago Mike made a deal with me that gave himself incentive to exercise. He would drive over to the gym where I work 3 days a week and workout with me. After he did that for a month, he'd save the gas money and just go to the gym at his office. He said he'd use the gas money to pay for satalitte tv. The deal was that I would sign up for a dish in my name and I would cancel it if he didn't workout at least 3 days a week. This would be easy for me to do. As much as I enjoy watching TLC and Fox News...I can definitely live without it to save $40 a month!

So for the past month Mike has come to workout with me 3-4 days a week. I didn't want to mention that the 4 weeks had come to an end...so I didn't. On Sunday he told me that he wasn't going to get a dish. When I asked, "Why?" He said, "Because I love getting to see you and Brody in the mornings! I'm going to keep coming to your gym 3 days a week instead of getting a dish." I feel so special :) I have LOVED getting to see Mike every morning and am glad that he enjoys it just as much as I do.

In other news....Wendy just brought me a plate of the MOST DELICIOUS french toast that I've ever had(sorry Mike!) Just one more reason I'm gonna miss her....

7 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's sweet. It's neat that you guys get to spend that time together.

JB

Anonymous said...

Be sure to find out how she makes the french toast.

You have a wonderful husband!

Steve and Joan said...

I really like Mike! He takes good care of our daughter and our grandson!

RaeAnn said...

That's sweet! I miss working out with Scott. He was my motivation (if you can't tell I need a little right now!). You think Wendy will cook supper for me if she comes to teach aerobics in the evenings?!! JK!

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Yea! Glad Mike's gonna keep coming to work out with you!

-Sapphire

Robin said...

How sweet!

Hey Staci - This is Robin from high school. Um...sorry for this totally random and paranoid comment. I was just wondering if you had checked my blog recently because my site meter has shown me a few google searches that included my last name from the Kansas area which totally freaking me out. My last name is nowhere on my blog, and I don't know anyone in Kansas. But I just checked and you live in Kansas, so I'm really hoping it is you!

I like your blog by the way!

Robin said...

Ok, again...sorry for that last comment. The only reason I thought maybe you'd been to my blog was because I've been talking to Megan recently. I asked her and she said she hadn't said anything to you. So I don't know who is looking at my blog from there.

Sorry!