Friday, March 02, 2007

Dancin'

Wendy is a special person at our office. She cleans our facilities and babysits kids during my aerobics classes. She is from Guatemala and is very adamant about learning to speak proper English. She's always asking me something about the English language. She is one of the most positive people I've EVER met! She works 2nd shift at a manufacturing plant then goes home and sleeps for 4-6 hours before she wakes up to get her kids ready for school and then come in to our office. A few months ago she told me that she taught aerobics for 4 years when she lived in Guatemala! WHAT?!?!? I wish I'd have known sooner! I put her to work immediately teaching a Latin dance class. Everyone that comes loves it!

Her biggest passion and joy is children. She tells me that they relieve her stress (opposite of most people!) Yesterday she came in to teach aerobics and asked if Brody could go to her class. She told me that he likes watching her dance. I took this picture thru the window in the door. They told me that he was movin' his feet along with them :) It's ok Mike...I've heard they make football players take ballet ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! It is so cute when babies discover music. I caught Collin bouncing to the music of Moulin Rouge yesterday. I love it!

RaeAnn said...

Wendy is a great person! I enjoy her classes. I just wish I could move like she does!! Soon Brody will be in there doing all the classes!

Jamie said...

This picture is priceless. I can't wait until he's up on two feet moving along.

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's so fun! I think music, any kind, makes the kids smarter! And what culture he is being exposed to!!! That's great. I'm so glad that you have someone to watch Brody that loves children that much! That is truly special.

JB

Shauna said...

So cute!!!! My kids love dancing too! They love to watch me dance and they love to do it! It will be fun when he can get up and dance along!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we'll have more dancers in the family now :) That's so cute!