Wednesday, March 14, 2007

7 months

I can't believe that Brody's already 7 months old! Where does time go? It seems like only yesterday we were heading to the hospital. Last night Mike and I were talking about how fast the past 7 months have gone by. Mike was saying, "Before we know it he'll be heading off to school, then to junior high, then high school, then he'll leave for college, then there will be some girl that he'll tell us about and be excited about us meeting, then he'll get married, then one day we'll get a call where he'll say, 'Guess what? We're pregnant!'"

What an exciting road we have ahead of us! It has been such a joy to watch him discover new things every day and I can see that the joy only increases. Right now I want to treasure each day (even if it's a fussy one) because I know that before long these days will just be memories...

7 comments:

RaeAnn said...

I can't believe he is 7 months already either. It's crazy when they are closer to a year old than they are to a newborn. I've enjoyed watching Brody grow. Cheyenne and I like to see his smiling face when we come into work!

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's so true! I'm glad that you are realizing that you need to treasure every moment. It's hard when they are little not to just long for the next milestone which means we often times don't enjoy the moment we're in. I love you Staci and I am enjoying watching you be a mother!

JB

Anonymous said...

And it happens just like that! It seems like just yesterday that you were saying you never wanted to have a baby because of the video of Brady's birth.....just like the video of his birth, you tend to forget the bad, and remember the good......and if the bad isn't TOO bad, you can find humor in it....like the time Brady got lost in JC Penney's and they had to put out an alert for a lost child.....I was crying and frantic.....and there he stood, in the middle of the gowns, quiet as he could be......all because he had messed his pants and didn't want anyone to know!

Steve and Joan said...

And now everyone knows!

He didn't know about the Internet and Blogs back then!!!

Amy said...

That's crazy it has already been 7 months!
What a beautiful post and picture :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome post! Tender thoughts. I just love the fireplace too!

Liam and Graham said...

Yay Brody, 7 months! What a great picture of the three of you!
- Dani