Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sleep and Food

Last night Brody had his very first bottle.

I've been feeding Brody at 8:30 pm and then again right before I leave for work at 4:30 am. One night he slept all the way until 4:30 am...but other nights he's woken up during the night to eat. Last night Mike offered to get up with him if he woke up during the night so that I could get some sleep. So I pumped 5 oz and had the bottle ready to go in the fridge. I had NO CLUE how much Brody would eat (since he's never had a bottle and I don't have oz measurements on my body to know what he's eating! lol!) I emailed Julie and RaeAnn to ask how we were supposed to heat it up (I'd read somewhere that you shouldn't microwave breastmilk). Finally I felt ready for bed.

Brody woke up at 1:15 am and Mike got up with him. He tired giving him his paci first and tried to just get him to go back to sleep...but it didn't work. Finally he ended up feeding him and he ate 4.5 oz. Mike said he took the bottle just fine (once he figured out that I'd put the lid on wrong and that's why nothing was coming out! lol!) I think Mike enjoyed getting to bond with Brody while feeding him :)

_________________________________
On another note...I got an AWESOME email today! Paula (seen below holding Brody) is an amazing chef. I heard that she'd given Ann a cd containing some of her recipes so I asked if I could have some. She sent me 34 of her recipes this morning! I was reading them at 6:30 am and salivating at the mouth! I can't wait to get home and try one of them out! I think I'm gonna make Deviled Swiss Steak tonight. Yummmmmmmmmmmmm!

4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad that Brody took the bottle well and you got some sleep. It was nice of Mike to volunteer to get up. It is a special bonding experience for the dad's to give them a bottle. Scott doesn't get to do it very often any more.

Shauna said...

That is great that Mike got up with Brody last night - It is a great bonding experience and it is also good for them to learn that mama isnt the only one that feeds them!

Anonymous said...

What a great husband! I'm glad that Brody took the bottle with no problems. Logan was not so good and it was a little stressful there for awhile. I was sure we would be on the boob til he was 10!

Maybe Paula wants to send me some recipes??? My mouth is watering just thinking of the food at your shower, and I bet that is just the tip of her culinary iceburg!

Unknown said...

I have heard the bottle transition can be difficult, so I am glad that it went smoothly for you! Boone used to like feeding Jackson his bottle, too.

I love trying out new recipes. I don't know Paula, but can you send me some at katya0026@hotmail.com? I feel like I get in a lot or ruts with cooking.