Monday, October 30, 2006

Baby Perfume

I know that Grandmommy, GG, and Sharon are having a hard time waiting until Christmas to get to hold Brody...so I thought I'd tell a story that might make waiting a little easier ;)

Brody does something that's not very pleasant. He spits ups a lot! Mike and I smell like spit up most of the day (meaning all day except for the first 1/2 hour after we've had a shower....I guess Mike probably smells pretty good at work all day since he doesn't get the spit up cologne until after he gets home). Yesterday during Sunday school I took Brody to the nursery to change his diaper. They wanted to keep him in there...so I went on back to class and left him in the capable hands of Christy and Kim. When I went back to pick him up Kim said he'd spit up several times. After church I found Teri holding Brody. She was wisely holding the burp rag too...however Brody decided to turn his head and soak her sweater (it even ran down her pant leg!) Last night was our church's Fall Harvest Party and Brenda held Brody while I ate. Of course he soaked her in his baby perfume. So I think yesterday's count for the number of people Brody spit up on was.....6! It's a good thing he's cute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate! I don't even know why I bother with all the cute outfits because all anyone ever sees is a bib! And why I bother with the bibs is another mystery because everything, caregivers included, ends up soaked anyway!

Anonymous said...

Jackson was a major spitter also. He was on medicine till he started eating table foods only. Seriously, the only article of clothing I wear on a daily basis that has not been christened by spit-up is my underwear. I have had it down my shirt, on socks, etc. Luckily, they grow out of the spitting up! Here is to large diaper bags that hold 4 changes of clothes!

Anonymous said...

Connor was JUST like this! It's always the cutest babies that spit up the most. ;)