Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Crying Rules

Brody had a fussy night last Friday. Mike took him outside and pushed him around in the stroller as he worked on the yard. I guess Brody cried most of the time they were out there.
Mike said that he finally stopped and had a talk with Brody. After their talk...Brody stopped crying! I asked what he said to Brody and he told me that he told Brody, "There are only 3 reasons you're allowed to cry!
  1. If you break a bone.
  2. If Momma's upset.
  3. If the Broncos lose."

Ever since then...anytime Brody starts to cry Mike goes thru the list. "Did you break a bone? Is Momma upset? The Broncos aren't playing so I know that's not the problem! See...there's no reason to be upset!" LOL!

Brody is starting to follow everything so much better with his eyes. He was really watching Mike as he got a bath the other night. He LOVES his baths. I don't think I'll be able to keep this little tub in the kitchen sink much longer. He's started kicking his feet and making LOTS of splashes during his bath. It's so much fun!!!


On the work front...last night I fed Brody at 8:30 pm and then put him to bed. I was in bed by 9:00 pm. My alarm went off at 3:55 am this morning and I realized that I hadn't been up yet to feed him! He slept until I woke him up at 4:30 am to feed him before I put him in the carseat to come to work! Yay! That's 8 hours between feedings and 7 straight hours of sleep for me :)

_______________________________________________

We want to wish a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our brother-in-law Mark! (I got the date right this year ;) Last year I got it in my head that his birthday was the 23rd of September. They thought it odd that we sent a birthday present almost 2 weeks before his birthday! lol! I guess that's better than 2 weeks late :)

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Yay Brody!!! Keep it up!

hejlyeah said...

Woo hoo! Don't you just love that first night of full sleep? Congrats! He's a cutie, by the way.

Unknown said...

Not only are you a work-out queen, you also wake up earlier than anyone I know. Seriously, you are my new hero! : ) I have never set my alarm for 3:55 in the morning. Amazing.

RyAnn said...

Way to go Brody! That was so nice of you! You sure are cute!

suzspeaks said...

Yay for a good night's rest!!!