Friday, October 20, 2006

Be Joyful

This morning Brody woke up crying at 3:00 am. We'd let him cry for a few minutes then go give him his paci. He'd snooze (or at least be quiet) for about 10 minutes and then it would start all over again. To me it is worse for him to wake up at 3 am than midnight because my alarm goes off at 4:00 am. Mike and I were alternating getting up to give him his paci. When I came back to bed the last time I let out a big sigh and complained to Mike about my lack of sleep.

Mike held me tight and said, "I'm thankful that we have a baby...I'm even thankful that he wakes us up in the middle of the night!"

*insert sudden attitude change*

He was so right! Why in the world would I complain? We are so blessed to have a little boy to take care of.

I Thessalonians 5:16 & 18 - "Be joyful always...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are very blessed to have a healthy baby who wakes up before the alarm!
Love, Mom

Noël V. said...

You are so funny. I love to read your blog and see God in the small things like a choice to be joyful at 3am. Those little things are what make our relationship with Him so special...and I can't wait to be married to a godly man that will love me and encourage me as Mike did for you. It's sweet and such an amazing gift that God gave to husbands and wives. That is what I am looking forward to in marriage!

Brody is adorable :)

Anonymous said...

That is so true. Sometimes we get caught up in ourselves & it's hard to see the blessings. You've touched me today!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

True, very true! that's why there's the "Pray without ceasing in there!" Very sweet parent moment.