Tuesday, October 10, 2006

2 month appointment

Mike called me yesterday and said that he and Dwayne had a chance to get some tickets to the Bronco's game last night. When I heard the message my heart sank because that would mean another night of going to bed without my husband! I was surprised when I found out he was just playing a joke on me and was already home!!!! Brody and I were both so excited to have him home! I was especially excited because that meant he could go with me to Brody's 2 month appointment. I was really dreading it because I knew they'd be giving Brody shots!

Mike went with me to the appointment and held onto Brody's arms while they gave the shots. I sat in the chair beside them trying to hold back my own tears! I can usually handle Brody crying...but that's because I know he's just fussy and everything is ok (ie. clean diaper, not hungry, not cold/hot, etc). I didn't like to hear him cry because he was in pain! He took them like a champ and Mike had him calmed down shortly after the shots were over.

Brody weighed in at 12 lbs. 4 oz. and was 24 1/4" long. He also gained an inch in his head and chest since his 2 wk. appointment. He's in the 90th percentile for his height and 70th percentile for his weight.

Debbie said that he's big enough that I don't need to feed him if he wakes up during the night. Instead we just need to help him learn how to fall back asleep when he wakes up. Last night he slept thru the night. I'd like to think it was due to me allowing him to cry it out on Sunday night...but I have a feeling it's just a side effect of the shots.

I'll try to get a picture of this later...but last night we moved Brody from the bassinet to the pack-n-play (we're having trouble getting a crib...looooong story). He was getting way to big for the bassinet. We could hear thumping during the night from him hitting his feet or hands on the side of the bassinet as he moved about. I think sleeping in the bigger bed makes him look small again :)

Just so that you don't think this is a boring post (b/c pictureless posts are always boring)...here's a picture of Brody meditating before bed ;)

3 comments:

RaeAnn said...

I'm glad Mike was there for Brody's shots. It's always hard, espcially the first ones. 2 more days and we get to go through them again :(

RyAnn said...

I am glad Mike made it home. I cried when Brock got his shots. I am glad to see Brody is already very spiritual!

Mary Beth said...

How adorable! We go for our daughter's two month appt in 2 weeks. (Although she hasn't mastered the meditating yet)