Thursday, December 24, 2009

WHITE CHRISTMAS!!!

The news is reporting that this is the first white Christmas in our area since 1926! I don't know who is more excited...Brody or Angela. I think it might be Angela! We watched tiny flakes fall most of the afternoon and tonight they are still falling. The roads are just wet, but the grass and rooftops are finally covered in the beautiful white snow!

This is a picture thru our front door of the snow beginning to accumulate this afternoon.

The winds were very strong (gusting over 40 mph) and the snow was blowing sideways! If the flakes had been larger, we could've had a Texas blizzard!

Brody did not want to go to bed tonight. He kept going outside and just watching the snow. It was a beautiful night. I looked out our front door to see the Christmas lights across the street and snow gently falling.

Here's a video that shows just a little of Brody's excitement for the snow. You'll also get a taste of what I call his "evil laugh" at the end of the video.



Hopefully, there will be more snow pictures tomorrow!!! (I say "hopefully" because part of me is afraid that I'll wake up and discover that this snow was only a dream!)

2 comments:

Paula said...

Like the "evil laugh."

Steve and Joan said...

Brody hit me with several snow balls on Christmas day and I heard that laugh quite often!

Daddy Steve