Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cookies for Santa

Tonight I read the boys a few stories before bed while Mike got a fire going in our fireplace. We read about the birth of Christ and we also read about Santa. I have to admit, I'm still a little torn on the whole issue of Santa Claus. I know that we have done a good job of teaching Brody the true meaning of Christmas (by the things he's told other people), however, I can't help but feel that I'm lying to him when we talk about Santa. We still did the whole Santa charade...but I had a hard time when Brody asked me specific questions about Santa. I tell him make believe stories all the time, but I always make sure that he's knows that they're make believe. For some reason it really bothers me to know that to play the Santa game...we have to lie to our kids!

That being said, here's a picture of the boys with cookies and milk for Santa and a few carrots for Rudolf.

I tried to get a cute picture of them sitting by the cookies in front of the fire...but of course they were both being ornery and wouldn't sit still at the same time! Maybe tomorrow I'll get a cute picture of the two of them? Right now we better get to bed. We have no clue how early Brody will be up tomorrow!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I love the idea of carrots for Rudolph! I completely forgot about cookies! We got into the "debate" with Matt's sister and her hubby too. They struggle with it as well. I'm going to check out Caleb's link...

Paula said...

Carrots? Never heard or thought of that one before.

Leave It To Davis said...

Caleb! I never knew you had it in for your dad! I will be sure and never accept a drink from you! :)