Friday, December 11, 2009

Random Things

Almost every day Brody tells me what he wants for Christmas. This list still includes a toy race car, however, he's gotten much more specific. He wants one with a track that has "a remote that you have to get from your mommy to make the cars go". He wants there to be two remotes so that there's one for him and one for Barrett, "but if there's only one remote, I'll go 2 times and then let Barrett go 2 times." The other thing on his list? "A picture of my daddy." Yes, for weeks now he's been asking for a picture of Mike for Christmas! So sweet!
___________

Last night Ron & Jan watched the boys for us so that we could go to the Studio Movie Grill with Daddy Steve & Namaw and Caleb & Audria. We saw The Blind Side. It was a really good movie! I laughed. I cried. It was very moving. Great movie! This was the first time that Mike and I had been to SMG and it was a fun experience. You eat dinner while watching the movie. Last night was all you can eat pizza. I wanted to get my money's worth, so I was stuffed when we left there.
___________

I know some of you are probably going thru picture withdrawals...not to worry. We're going to a birthday party for Tyler tomorrow night...which means I'll have some new pictures to post. Today is Tyler's 25th birthday. Happy 1/4 of a century to my younger, taller (oops...did I really type that?) brother. Love you!
___________

Last Saturday I went to Canton with Angela. Have you ever been to Canton? I fell in love! It was awesome! We discovered that I'm a sucker for samples. Three different times I was convinced to buy something because of the samples they were giving away! My most exciting purchase? A daybed!!! There was a guy there who makes cedar, log furniture (like the crib in Barrett's room). He is making us a daybed with a trundle and we'll pick it up next month. That means we have to go back. Won't hear any complaining from me!
___________

The cough and congestion has refused to leave our house. I finally took Brody to the doctor on Wednesday because he was complaining about his ear hurting. Sure enough...ear infection. Last night Barrett and Brody were tag teaming me. I got up at 2 am when Barrett was crying (he never cries during then night...so when he started crying...I was up to see what was wrong). When I got him calmed down, Brody started crying (his legs were hurting...I think it's growing pains). Then it was back to Barrett...and repeat until 3 am when I finally get Barrett quiet enough to go get back in bed. He started crying as soon as my head hit the pillow, so Mike got up. Mike doesn't fall back to sleep as easily as I do and I don't think he came back to bed until close to 5 am. I'm hoping Barrett doesn't have an EI now too.
___________

My cousin, Ginger, is about to pop with a little girl. I'm planning on going to Temple to be there for the birth. Every morning I check my phone to make sure I didn't miss her call during the night. I've never been in the room when someone else was delivering a baby (I missed McKenna being born because Ginger was in labor for 3 days with her and I had to go back to KS before she was delivered), so I'm really excited about it! It'll be fun to get to share in the labor/delivery from the other side of the bed!
___________

Well...now that I've shared all the random things on my mind...I really should get started on our Christmas letter. Can you tell that I'm procrastinating?

No comments: