Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas in Temple

This morning we picked up Caleb and Audria and drove to Temple for a Christmas celebration with Daddy Steve's side of the family. Audria loved the heater that Grandmommy had in the sunroom, so that's where we sat visiting when we first arrived.

Grandmommy and Namaw were busy getting food ready. (I wanted to be in a picture too! lol)

Brody was ecstatic when Ginger and Jesse arrived...mainly because he wanted to see baby Jayma! As soon as anyone would listen to him (rather than just ooohh and ahhing over Jayma), he begged to hold her. He sat in this chair holding her for a long time. In fact, I thought a fight was gonna break out when Grandmommy told Brody that it was her turn to hold Jayma!

Later Brody convinced Mike, Caleb, and others to play outside with him...so the rest of us got a turn holding Jayma.


We had a delicious lunch and then everyone lounged around in the sun (both inside and outside). I found Dave and Mike sitting out on the porch exchanging hunting stories.

Then a little later I found Mike sitting in the sunroom napping with Jayma in his arms (they were both asleep)!

Later in the day (after Brody had finished holding Jayma for an extended period of time), Brady commented to me that he had never held his niece! He said that he was afraid that he'd hurt her because she's so little. I immediately put her in his arms and the smile that came over his face showed me that his fear was gone. I snapped a picture of him holding her and it's a good thing I did. This is the only picture I got of Grandmommy's 4 great-grandchildren! They may not all be looking at the camera...but they're all in this picture.

The rest of the evening the girls sat around talking (and taking turns holding the baby) while the guys put together a new entertainment center for Grandmommy and hooked up her new tv and dvd player (Christmas presents). I love his picture of Audria, me, and Ginger. I can't believe that it's only been 5 days since she gave birth to Jayma! It was so fun to get to see her twice in one week!

We headed for home around 8 pm and within 30 minutes the boys had fallen asleep. When we got home we carried in our precious, sleeping cargo and then we fell into bed. It's be a fun, but long few days! I think we're both ready for some R & R this next week.

4 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

You light up any room you enter, Staci. You are always smiling and cheerful....we enjoyed seeing you so very much twice in one week. You are among our greatest blessings. I am so glad your mom and dad had you!

Steve and Joan said...

It sure was a fun day!

Ann Hastings said...

What a great visit with the family- thanks for sharing pictures of it!! We wish we could have been there.

Ginger said...

I agree...it was so much fun getting to see you twice in one week. Wish you lived closer so we could see each other more.