Saturday, December 12, 2009

Tyler's Birthday Party (aka Twister Mania)

Friday was Tyler's birthday and tonight was his 25th birthday party. Chuck and Lou Ann (Ann's parents) had everyone over to their house for dinner. After dinner we had tiramasu (sp?) for dessert (along with cookies and fudge and ice cream). Namaw (who is in Las Angelas visiting Por) called in time to sing Happy Birthday to Tyler over the speaker phone (along with the rest of us). Barrett tried to help blow out the candle.

Next it was time to open presents...but rather than bore you with details of presents and conversations around the dinner table...I'll get to the interesting part of the evening. Ann went searching for a game to play and came back with one box...Twister. I think she was kind of joking when she suggested us play Twister...but she underestimated the competitiveness of me and my brothers. It doesn't matter what the game...we'll play!

We were sweating by the end of the night (of course, they might be due to the fact that Ann's Grandma N turned the heat up to 80 degrees!) Brody tried to wiggle himself into every game possible. Have you ever played Twister with a 3 year old on your back? It's much harder to stay on your feet!

I hadn't played Twister since I was a kid. It seems like the game board shrunk in the last 20 years. The circles seemed so small and (as grown adults) we were pretty scrunched when we tried to play 3 or 4 at a time!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves...








3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

We had a great time, thanks for coming over to my parents house and making Tyler's birthday memorable :) I love the last picture of Mike, Brody, Tyler, Caleb & ME- you can hardly see me in there!!
You're right... I think the game has shrunk;)
Love you!

Mom said...

It looks like you all had a great time. Sorry I missed it.

Rebecca said...

Um...there are WAY too many butts in this post!!! :)