Friday, December 04, 2009

SANTA!!!

Today I had to run a few errands. One of them involved the mall. I wasn't even thinking about seeing Santa (Namaw and I usually take the boys to a different mall where you can take a picture with your camera rather than paying for a picture), but Brody must correlate the mall with Santa Claus around Christmas time. He kept asking if we could go find Santa. I finally conceded (thinking that he could just sit on his lap...that I would not pay for a picture). I was so excited to learn that they let you take pictures with your own camera!

Since it was a Friday morning, we only had to wait in line behind 2 little girls to get to see the main man. Brody eagerly climbed into Santa's lap. Barrett started crying (showing me his cute high cheek dimple) when I set him on Santa's lap. Santa started talking to Barrett and he immediately stopped crying and just stared. He didn't stop staring until I took him off Santa's lap!

This year Brody talked to Santa. When Santa asked him what he wants for Christmas Brody eagerly responded, "I want a toy race car. Mommy says that I'm not old enough to have a real race car yet, so I just want a toy one!"

Santa gave the boys a coloring book and a hat with elf ears. Barrett wore the hat around the mall the rest of the time we were there.

After we finished shopping, we headed to the food court for lunch. Brody was in awe of the GIANT Christmas tree. Of course, he asked, "Can Uncle Mark touch the top?" (There's always a "Can Uncle Mark touch?" when we see something tall! lol) Then he wanted me to take his picture in front of it. Gotta love him. Of course I'll take a picture. You don't even have to ask! lol

The boys were so good all morning and are getting to spend the night with Daddy Steve and Namaw while Mike and I go to his office Christmas party tonight. Watch for pictures of that tomorrow!

3 comments:

Gmommy said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!! Precious little boys!

Jennifer said...

WOW! That's a TALL tree!!!! Your boys are so cute. I love Barrett in the hat:)

Ann Hastings said...

So glad they got to see Santa and I am sure they were excited to spend the night with Daddy Steve & Namaw :)