Thursday, December 17, 2009

Snack Food

For a kid who doesn't like to eat...Barrett picks strange snacks to sneak when I'm not watching. This afternoon, Namaw put a few cheerios on a little table for Barrett along with his chocolate milk then we both went back to our offices to work. It suddenly got quiet, so Namaw went to check on Barrett. From my office I heard her say, "Staci! Come look what your son is doing!"

I walked into the living room and could see him sitting on the floor in the kitchen with his hand in a bag of cereal. It wasn't cheerios or some sugar cereal...it was Fiber One! He was shoving handfulls of the stuff into his mouth while watching Molly and Namaw clean up the pieces he'd dropped on the carpet.

Anyone who's changed one of Barrett's diapers lately can testify to the fact that he doesn't need anymore fiber. I find it very bizzar that out of all the things he could have been snacking on he chose the worst tasting cereal in the cabinet!

5 comments:

Mom said...

When you click on the picture you can see how much is on the floor!

Rebecca said...

I'm glad I don't have to change THAT diaper!

Leave It To Davis said...

Yes, when the kids get quiet, you better check on them if you want to have a house left standing. Poor baby.....he was just hungry!

Ginger said...

That poor baby. That's some NASTY cereal!

Paula said...

Would you be surprised to know that I love that stuff? Barrett obviously has good tastes. But I admit to always mixing it with something--other cereal, substitute for croutons in salad, in yogurt, etc.