Thursday, November 19, 2009

Waiting

Today is trash day. This morning I heard the trash truck and could tell that it was somewhere close by. Brody heard it too and suddenly disappeared from the kitchen. Almost 20 minutes later I went to look for him and found this.
He was standing behind his curtains watching out the window for the trash truck. He finally gave up (you can hear the truck loooooong before it ever gets to our street) and came back to the kitchen. When he came to the kitchen I realized that he hadn't given up, he just wanted to take a different course of action. He asked if he could go outside to watch for the trash truck. I told him "no" because I was cooking in the kitchen and wouldn't be able to see him. He disappeared again. Another 20 minutes goes by and I go to his room to check on him. I don't see him anywhere! I look in all the other rooms of the house...no Brody. All the doors are still locked, so I figured he must be inside somewhere! I started calling for him (even though Barrett was still sleeping) and called over and over until I heard a sound from his room. I go running in there to find this.
What? You don't see Brody in the picture above? Let's take a closer look...
That's right. He'd climbed up on the window sill...behind the blinds (so that they wouldn't block his view).

The sad thing? The trash truck went by our house while Brody was in the kitchen asking to go outside...so even with watching out his window for close to an hour this morning...he still missed it!

5 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

Brody and I used to watch the trash truck from upstairs in my office!

Paula said...

I'm impressed he is so easily entertained. But I also feel kinda sad for him. :-(

Rebecca said...

Poor Brody! I loved watching my nephew stand and stare in awe of big trucks when he was Brody's age.

Mom said...

A few weeks ago, Brody and I sat on the front porch waiting for the trash truck. It was one of those cold mornings, so we had to get a blanket to keep warm. He was so excited when the trash man waved at us!

Leave It To Davis said...

Anticipation.....keeping you waiting.....sometimes, it leaves you disappointed. Sorry, Brody....but look at it this way....you can anticipate the next arrival of the trash truck!