Monday, November 16, 2009

Progress

A lot of progress was made on the building of our shed this weekend! Friday night Mike (and Brody) worked until 9 pm (well...Brody only worked until 8 when I made him go to bed) building the floor for the shed.
Saturday morning Mike was up bright and early to start working. The boys and I went to Avery's birthday party (which was so much fun! I'll have to post some pics later) and when we got home he had 2 walls standing and a 3rd built! I put the boys down for a nap and then went out to help him.
Caleb arrived a little later and helped raise the trusses and put OSB on the roof.
It was just a little nerve wracking to see Mike standing on top...but then I thought back to the days of building our house in Kansas. I remember him over 20 feet in the air straddling 2x4's...and I realized this was nothing!


On Sunday Daddy Steve came over to help tar paper the roof and add the lofts on the inside of the shed. They also installed the doors...but I forgot to take a picture. I'll do that later.
Here are a few random pictures of the boys playing. They both loved being outside "helping" Daddy work.
Daddy Steve and Namaw stopped by Saturday evening and took the boys home to spend the night. (Mike and I went to dinner at Johnny Carino's, were in bed by 9:30 pm, and didn't get out of bed until 8:30 on Sunday morning! It was awesome! Thanks Dad & Mom!) In the picture below, Daddy Steve was throwing a ball up in the air and then racing to get it before Brody or Barrett.
Sunday, Daddy Steve brought over some Mt. Dew. Brody took full advantage of the glass of Dew when Daddy Steve wasn't looking!
We had so much fun this weekend. It was a lot of hard work, but it was also a lot of time together as a family...and a lot of laughs. We're not finished yet...so there's more to come!

4 comments:

Romaine said...

Your post looks like some kind of time-lapse photography. Amazing and very impressing!

Be sure to check out my blog this week. I'm giving away a brand new Apple iPod Touch.

Paula said...

Staci, looks like today is when I need one of those widgets where the commenter can correct their own comment. I meant to say "impressive." Been trying to figure out how to put that on my own blog but have been unsuccessful so far. :-)

Staci said...

My mind corrected it for you...I read "impressive". lol

Thanks for the heads up on your blog. I'm soooo behind in my blog reading. I think Google Reader has me at over 200 posts that are undread! Yikes! I'll be sure and stop by your site this week!

Ann Hastings said...

WOW- Impressive