Monday, November 16, 2009

Splish Splash

I brought some work home with me so that the boys could nap at home. Daddy Steve and Namaw are having some major remodeling done and we didn't think Brody would sleep with all the hammering just a wall away from his bed.

When we got home I sent Brody to go potty so he could take a nap. He stalled (playing with Barrett) while I put up my purse. When I walked back towards my desk I heard splashing in the bathroom. It almost sounded like the bath, but I knew that the boys weren't taking a bath. In a split second it registered that it was the toilet. For some reason Barrett has decided it's a great place to splash (YUCK)!

I run in there find Barrett's hands in the toilet...(oh wait, it gets better)...and Brody PEEING into the toilet! DISGUSTING!!!!!!

As you can imagine, this didn't go over very well with Mommy.

8 comments:

Mom said...

Oh no!

Tyler Hastings said...

So did you stop it or run to get the camera first?

Staci said...

Tyler - lol. No camera. I spoke to Barrett in a much louder, firmer voice than normal. He looked at me for a moment (like he was trying to decide whether to cry or not) and then started laughing. Arg.

Ann Hastings said...

HAHA- halarious!

Romaine said...

I can just imagine how you went through all the possibilities for splashing water in your mind in less than 1 second. Moms are like that!

Happens with me especially when I hear sounds in the kitchen.

Teri said...

I do believe that tops my boy's peeing stories. Wait, does peeing or pooping in the tub count ? Never mind...
It is very important for mommies to know how to mentally separate from the reality of a situation. Don't think, just wash!

Jennifer said...

It's like mothers have a 6th sense when their kid in in the bathroom doing something they shouldn't be doing!! Ick. Although just wait til (if) you have one play in a dirty diaper!! I thought for a split second, almost puked, then just washed! And washed and washed!!

Leave It To Davis said...

uh....I look forward to reading your blog when they are sixteen....if they get in these kinds of messes now, what WILL they be doing then? Should be entertaining!