Thursday, November 05, 2009

Someday Brody may not...

  • Wake up at 6:10 am just to make sure he's up in time to give Mike a hug and kiss before he has to leave for work.
  • Stand outside in his jammie pants and socks (no shirt) to wave bye to Mike with "I love you" fingers.
  • Talk my ear off with every detail of anything that matters to him.
  • Beg me to send the same note in his lunchbox (day after day after day) because he loves that it says, "You're my favorite 3 year old in the entire world!"
  • Remind me that we forgot to pray in the car before school and ask to hold my hand at the door to his classroom so that we can pray for him to have a good day.
  • Tell me that he won't cry at school because he knows that I'll always come back to pick him up at the end of the day.
  • Shout, "I love you Mommy! I love you Barrett!" over and over again until he couldn't see us anymore as we walked down the hall after dropping him off at school.
  • Climb in bed with Barrett to give him a morning hug and kiss.
  • Search desperately for Daddy Steve at church...even though we'd just left work (and Daddy Steve) a few hours earlier.
  • Laugh uncontrollably when Barrett tickles his hand as we drive to church.
  • Run into my arms, give me a big hug, and say, "Did you miss me?" when I pick him up from school.

On the other hand, maybe he will...

6 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

That is the cutest thing! I love that Brody does all of those things and I hope he always will!!

Anna said...

So sweet! What a great memory this will be!

Jamie said...

I know I'm not teary eyed just because I'm pregnant!- those were all to sweet! You guys are a wonderful family.

Steve and Joan said...

Between 19 months and 19 years there must be only 30 minutes. It seems to go so fast! Just enjoy every minute and never wish time would speed up - even in the trying times!

I love it when Brody and Barrett see me and smile!

Daddy Steve

Teri said...

This is a precious idea for a scrapbook page, I realize you print this, but I may have to steal it. I've had these thoughts but not documented them. Sniff sniff. if lol is laugh out loud is col cryin' out loud!

Leave It To Davis said...

Unfortunately, these things will probably end. Lap up every little detail and hide them in the deep recesses of your mind so that when they do end, you can pull them out and relive them, and they will make you happy all over again. Take comfort in the fact that even though these precious things will pass, they will be replaced with other endearing qualities. A hug from a fifteen year old that isn't even asked for can really make your day. :) We love you all.