Monday, November 09, 2009

Short on Memory

On Friday morning the boys and I loaded up the car and headed to Grandmommy's house. I was so disappointed when I pulled out my camera (just minutes after we'd arrived) to discover that I'd left my memory card at home in my computer! What was I going to do?!? I thought about going to buy another one, but since we have two at home I decided against it.

Cindy, Ginger, and McKenna arrived at Grandmommy's house in time to go for a late lunch at Chick-fil-a. We were smart and sat within arms distance of the door to the playroom. We sat there eating, talking, and laughing for 2.5 hours while the kids played in the playroom! It was so much fun. I wish that we were close enough to get together like this every week! For a more detailed description of our time together, read Cindy's blog.

It wasn't until Friday night that I remembered that I can take six pictures using the internal memory. Yes, I said S-I-X. That means that I had to use them wisely! Daddy Steve suggested taking six pictures, uploading them to Grandmommy's computer, then repeating and putting them on my jump drive before we left. Only one problem...I didn't have the cable for my camera. Oh well.

Here are the six pictures I took while in Temple. Made it kinda easy to narrow down which ones to post! lol

Friday night Grandmommy got out a bag of marshmallows. The boys were at her feet begging for marshmallows like they were starved! Even Barrett downed 15 marshmallows!
On Saturday morning Ginger and McKenna came back over and we took the kids to the park. The first park we went to had equipment that was too big for McKenna and Barrett to play on. Before we left, we walked over to see the ducks. A lady there gave Brody a piece of bread. The ducks were very aggressive. One bit (if that's what you call it when the ducks snap on your hand with their beaks...they don't have teeth, so is it still called biting?) Brody on the hand while he was feeding them. It startled him, but he didn't cry...just backed away pretty quick!

McKenna and Barrett looked on from the safety of the sidewalk.

The 2nd park we went to was much better for the little ones. They climbed all over this playground. I like this picture because you can see Ginger and Jayma (in her tummy) in the background! Not much longer until Jayma will be in her arms!

This looked really cool in person...not so much in the picture. In person, Barrett didn't look red and my eyes really focused on the fall leaves that are on the ground in the background.

What's a trip to temple without a picture of me and Ginger? Good thing I still had one picture left!

5 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

SO glad y'all had a great time- Ginger took some good pictures as well :)

Leave It To Davis said...

You all are never allowed to move more than two hours away.....we really did enjoy the visit and can't wait til Christmas to see you all again!!!! Love you so much, Staci! (and of course, Brody and Barrett and Mike....we missed him)

Romaine said...

Only 6 pictures allowed? I call that torture!

Ginger said...

I agree with mom...you can NEVER move far away again. :) McKenna and I (oh...Jayma too) loved spending the weekend with you and the boys. McKenna talks about "baby" (which is now the word for Barrett) every day. We can't wait to see y'all again. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Make sure Mike tells the boys he holds the Kansas state record for marshmellow stuffing and then shows the boys how many marshmellows he can get in his mouth at once.