Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday in the Hospital

We had a quiet Sunday morning in the hospital. Daddy Steve and Namaw took Brody to church and then came over to the hospital to see us. When they got there Mike, Daddy Steve, and Brody left to go find some lunch. They walked down the street from the hospital to the Jack-in-the-Box only to find it closed due to construction! So they ended up driving to Whataburger. Mike got a neat shot of the hospital when they were on their walk. It's MUCH larger than the Lyons Hospital where Brody was born!! Brody was happy to see us and spend time with us. He climbed up on the bed with me and helped me eat my delicious hospital lunch.
We felt like we were just waiting around all day to be released from the hospital. Around 4 pm Mike took all of our stuff to the car and brought back the carseat. The last time it was used Brody was the one riding it it. Mike re-adjusted all of the straps and we put Barrett in for a test fit. We couldn't believe how TINY he looked in the carseat!
Since Barrett was due July 4th, we had red, white, & blue outfits picked out for everyone to wear home. We decided to wait and get dressed after taking a shower at home...but we went ahead and put Barrett in his duds. These are newborn shorts...and they look like gangsta pants on him!
I was pushed out of the hospital by the hospital staff. I was excited to see that I got to ride in something a little more exciting than a wheelchair. I finally know what it's like to be a kid and ride in the fun carts at Home Depot!
You'll notice that Barrett is wrapped in a white blanket. This is a blanket that all of the babies in my family have been wrapped in when they were brought home from the hospital. It's fun to be able to carry on the tradition.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, loved all the pictures. I can't believe how little he looks in that car seat! Brody looks so grown up in that pic with you in the hospital bed.

Ginger said...

Love the gangsta pants! lol! I cant believe Brody didn't help w/the carseat straps! lol!!! He always does such a good job w/McKenna's. :)

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

Check out that ride! I'm jealous lol I just got a plain ol' wheel chair when I left the hospital with Karalee!

Barrett is so tiny! LOVE those gangsta pants! Lol