Monday, June 02, 2008

Almost!!!

I've almost made it! I've been away from Mike for a little over 3 months now...and I only have one more night alone!!! Tomorrow after work we'll drive up to Kansas to start packing. I can't wait to have our family back together again! Brody and I have missed Mike soooooooooo much! Mom and I will work on packing up the house Wednesday thru Friday while Dad and Mike work. Friday night Tyler and Ann are going to come up and then Saturday we'll spend the day loading up the moving truck. Sunday morning we'll head for Texas. I don't really want to think about what it will be like when we pull away from the house on Sunday morning. (I'm sure I'll blog more about it later.) Right now it just makes me want to cry!

I have been so blessed these past few months to get to stay with my parents. I know a lot of people would not enjoy moving back home at the age of 28. I had a lot of people ask me how I was gonna handle it...and told me that if I needed a break that I could come to their house to hang out. I have to say that it has been a joy. My parents are two of my best friends, and I have really enjoyed getting to spend so much time with them. I can't speak for them, but I don't know of any time where we got on each others nerves or "needed a break". I don't know if I could've made it 3 months away from Mike without their support. I know it made him feel better just knowing that I was here with them. Thanks, Dad & Mom, for helping us out so much these past few months. I couldn't have done it alone! I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What nice things you say about your parents! That's the best thank-you.

Steve and Joan said...

Staci, I have really enjoyed having you and Brody here with us. We all missed Mike! Sunday when we were eating lunch and Mom tried to get us to bring one more chair to the table, it was for Mike. We will be glad to see you all together again and share good times with you all.

This time has flown by. I am so glad you stayed with us during this time. You and Mike are doing such a good job raising Brody and that is fun to watch.

I just wish I had taken more pictures of Brody at the park!

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

I feel so blessed to have been able to spend this time with you and Brody. It has really been fun. Brody won't remember "living here" but it will always be a fun memory for us.

Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Very sweet words about your parents! I think that if I were in your situation, I could think of no better people to stay with than my parents, especially with a toddler! Plus, I know that any grandparent would LOVE to have their grandchild stay with them for 3 whole months! I will be praying for safe travels and an easy move - both emotionally and physically!