Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Waiting on Daddy

After lunch Brody and I ventured outside to get the mail. The internet said that it was still only 44 degrees...but with the sun shining and no wind it was beautiful! We made the hike down the drive to get the mail and then walked around to the shop to play until nap time. Brody alternated between riding his mower (power wheels) and sitting on Daddy's mower pretending to drive it (even making the mower sounds as he pretended). Buster the cat decided that the mower seat would make a nice bed...but Brody didn't mind sharing. Brody kept asking when Daddy would get home so I told him after his naptime. He woke up from his nap at 3:20...a full hour before Mike would be home. Much to my dismay, he hadn't forgotten my words, "Daddy will be home after naptime." He was standing by the back door sobbing when he realized that Daddy wasn't home yet! We decided to go outside to wait for Daddy and this helped ease the tears.
As soon as we could hear the truck coming (from about 1/4 mile away), Brody was dancing around the shop saying, "Daddy home!! Daddy home!!" When we finished eating dinner, Mike took Brody outside to let him drive (aka put his hands on the steering wheel while Mike drove) the mower around the yard. Brody was in Heaven!
As Brody was taking a bath before church, all he could talk about was mowing outside with Daddy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures were so cute. I will be glad when he gets to Texas but will even be happier when his Dad finishes his job in Kansas. I really like to see such a super father-son relationship.

Jessica said...

Awww, Brody!

Anna said...

How sweet! I love daddies and their boys!

RaeAnn said...

It's sweet when kids get so excited when their father gets home. We are just getting used to being awake when Scott gets home from work. It's been wonderful!

Leave It To Davis said...

That love for mowers will come in handy around 8 years from now! I bet the cat gets down when they start the engine!!

Ann Hastings said...

Too cute! I can't wait to see y'all!!!

Anonymous said...

I remember playing with you on the front sidewalk waiting for Dad to come home. I think I was always just as anxious as you were!

Steve and Joan said...

Nothing takes the place of Daddy! Of course nothing takes the place of Mommy either! I'm so glad Brody has both of you!!!

Love,

Daddy Steve

Amy said...

hxfgiSo sweet.

Amy said...

Whoops, guess we all know what my word verification was. haha

Laura said...

Sweet! How fun playing on the mower!