Friday, February 15, 2008

Halfway

Today I'm 20 weeks pregnant! I can't believe that we're already halfway thru this pregnancy! I have to say that it goes by much faster when you have a little toddler to take care of. When I was pregnant with Brody I felt like I was pregnant forever. This time it's just flying by!
______________________
Mike's Valentine's Day present to me was AWESOME!!! He upgraded my laptop! My old hard drive was so small (and full) that I didn't even have room to upload pictures off of my camera! I had to use my work computer if I wanted to post a picture online! I now have over 50 GB of FREE space on my laptop!!! He also installed Vista, Office 2007, and got me a webcam with built-in mic!!! Now we'll be able to video chat while I'm in TX and he's in KS!

My gift to him wasn't quite as extravagent. I got him some new turkey calls. He liked them...so that's all that matters ;)
______________________
Yesterday the whole family received a wonderful gift! It was the following email from Grandmommy:

"We saw the oncologist this afternoon and got the results of the tests (X-Ray and MRI). It was good news. He came in smiling and said he had good news - that the cancer in all three places (brain, lung, and liver) has shrunk and the MRI showed no new cells. He said he just lived for days like today when he can give good news. So often, it is not good news. He said to continue doing what he has been doing and go out and celebrate. We told him it was the prayers - there were lots of people praying for him and that God has answered our prayers. Thank you for your prayers and please continue to pray that the rest of the treatments will kill the cancer - he has 3 more."

What an answer to prayer! Thank you to everyone that has been praying for Daddy Ken...and keep it up! God is answering our prayers!!

4 comments:

suzspeaks said...

That is so awesome about daddy ken! We'll keep praying!!!

What great V day gifts! Have a good weekend!

Teri said...

Awesome answer to prayer!

Amy said...

Great news on Daddy Ken! And congrats on 20 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good Valentines' Day!! I can't wait till ya'll are both down here.

Audria