Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Bob and Nina

We hired a new full-time employee to take RaeAnn's shift (1-9 pm) because she's going to start working my shift when I leave. His name is Trey. He's great with kids (has a baby girl of his own) and Brody has warmed up to him real quick. Brody currently wants to know everyone's name that comes into the gym. He'll stand at the baby gate and say, "That?" over and over until I tell him the name of the person that just walked in (it's a good thing I'm good with names!). So, of course, he wanted to know Trey's name the first day that Trey came in to work (Monday the 4th). That's where it gets funny.

I tell Brody that his name is "Trey" and Brody just looks at me and says,
"Bob?" (pointing at Trey).
"No, Trey!"
"Bob?"

Now Brody thinks it's funny to call Trey "Bob". I have no idea where he got that. He doesn't see anyone during his day at work who's name is Bob...but he must have heard it somewhere and decided that he likes that name. Today when Trey walked in, Brody pointed at him and said (with a smirk on his face), "Bob!" Since we all laugh about it...he knows that he's being funny. As we leave he'll say, "Bye bye, Bob!" I'm guessing that since we only have a little over a week left at work...he will always call Trey "Bob".

_____________________________
This morning Brody had a play date. Tina (pictured below in the Going Away Part post) lives next door to the gym and asked if Brody could come play at her house while I was teaching aerobics. He was excited to go with "Nina" because she has 2 puppies who LOVE to play with little kids! They're not old and grumpy like Trevor is. I ran a few errands after class and then went to pick him up. They had played outside, given one of the dogs a bath, done laundry, and (of course) eaten crackers! Tina said he knows where she keeps her crackers from his previous visits and was asking for them. He had a lot of fun playing over there and wasn't really ready to go back to work with me. At work he kept saying, "Nina...home?" and "Nina...puppies?" over and over again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what Brody decides to name Bubba!