Wednesday, February 20, 2008

New Hip

Last night I went to the hospital to see one of my good friends, Tina. She is in her early 40's and had to have a total hip replacement! It's unbelievable to me that she would need that! She is one of the most fit people I know! All of their family vacations include physical activity and she even taught aerobics for us for several years. Within the past year or so I've watched her go from tip top shape to limping around everywhere she goes! The doctor and her husband (also a doctor) finally convinced her the only way to get rid of the constant pain was to have the surgery.

She looked amazing last night! The surgery was on Monday and she was already in physical therapy yesterday! She said that she'd been getting up every hour just to move around and walk. I think she's just so competitive that she wants to make sure she's progressing faster than all the other 70/80 year olds who are in there for a hip replacement!

I stayed and talked with her for almost 2 hours! It was a great visit. Our discussions are usually held while I'm trying to corral Brody or answer the phones at work, so it was nice to be able to just sit down and talk for a while! She gets to go home on Thursday and she asked me to make sure I bring Brody by her house before I leave town on Friday. I'm gonna miss her!!!

While I was visiting Tina, Mike took Brody to the golf course with him. When I got home all Brody could talk about was Daddy, golfballs, and hitting! lol. I think he had a lot of fun golfing with Daddy. The weather was gorgeous yesterday (60 degrees). Today the high was 20 degrees! What a difference!!!

_____________________

On a lighter note...I need some help from my fellow Jericho fans! I know that I should know who the guy was that showed up to help look for Sara...but I just can't remember who he is! Help!!!

No comments: