Friday, February 08, 2008

Sick Boy

Brody's has had a runny nose and cough for about a week now. At first I just thought it was teething...but the cough was starting to become worrysome. I finally took him to the doctor yesterday and found out that he just has a virus that's going around. She said if he's not better by Monday that she'll give him some meds that basically stop the virus in it's tracks. When I told her that he hasn't been sleeping well (he's been waking up coughing every 1/2 hour...then crying...then falling back asleep) she prescribed a cough syrup that has a little codeine in it. It's amazing! He didn't wake up coughing at all last night! In fact, it's 8:30 am and he's still asleep (he's usually up between 6:30 and 7:30 am)!!! WOW! I wonder if she'd recommend giving it to him on long car trips....

11 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Junior said Brody was sick. Hope he is feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

Brody, I am sorry your sick and hope you are feeling better real soon. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I hope Brody is feeling better soon. It just breaks your heart when little ones get sick. Glad your got the cough syrup so at least he and y'all can get some rest. You might save some for that long trip to Texas. lol

Ann Hastings said...

I hope Brody feels better, I am glad you took him to the doctor to get him the medicine he needs :)

Anonymous said...

I think Collin "needs" some of that cough medicine...

Ledbetter Fam said...

I hope he feels better soon!!! Gotta love anything that helps them sleep peacefully.

JB

Unknown said...

First of all, congratulations on Baby Boy #2! How exciting! Also, I will keep your Daddy Ken in my prayers. And happy late birthday!

I hope Brody feels better soon. Jackson has the same junk. We didn't get so lucky as to get codiene cough medicine. We got Singulair, which works, but it doesn't aid in the sleep department! I think kids have to be over two to use it though. Maybe I will request codiene next time? : )

Shauna said...

oooooh...I am a big fan of that cough syrup! Hope he is feeling better!

Ginger said...

Hope Brody feels better soon & hope you and Mike get some rest.

Rebecca said...

I'm glad he was able to sleep through the night. It's bad enough as an adult to wake up all night!

suzspeaks said...

I hope Brody is feeling better now!