Saturday, September 29, 2007

"Nigh Nigh" Kisses

When it's time for Brody to go to bed...we say, "Are you ready to go nigh nigh?" He immediately blows a few kisses in Mike's general direction (without looking) and runs towards the stairs. Without fail, every night Mike has to call him back to ask him for a hug and a zerbert. Then he releases the squirming toddler who races for the stairs that lead up to his bedroom. As we enter his bedroom, I say a little prayer with him, put him in bed, then blow him kisses and tell him I love him as I leave the room. Last night he was trying to blow me kisses thru the rails on his crib. So I bent down on my knees and gave him a kiss thru the rails (we both had to pucker our lips really hard to get them to meet)! He then went to the next rail and waited for a kiss. This went on until we had kissed goodnight between every rail on the side of his crib. It was so sweet...tears were flowing down my face by the time I walked out of his room! These days are so short and I want to savor every kiss!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo sweet!!! But what is a zerbert?

Anna said...

So SWEET! THanks for sharing!

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

How cute! I wonder if this will now be a part of your nigh nigh ritual?
Susie :)

Anonymous said...

Tell Brody to save some kisses for next weekend!

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's sweet! You are right about this time being short, but he will always love you and give you kisses. They might not be as sweet and freely given later, though.

JB

Ann Hastings said...

How cute- I love it :)

Steve and Joan said...

I want to tell Brody a Nigh Nigh story about a little girl and two little boys!

Daddy Steve

Julie said...

You need to post a video clip of this because it sounds too sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

That is soooo darling! I can't wait to have children : )

Amy said...

cute cute cute

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Hi,
I am a friend of Shauna's and found your blog from her list of links...

I have a completely random question for you. I started walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes 5 days a week and was wondering if you know if it's better to walk slower at an incline or faster at no incline. I know you work @ a gym, so I thought you might know. Sorry for the random-ness!

(Your baby is adorable, BTW!)

Thanks :o)

Kelly

Sapphire, Dana, Karalee & Alastair said...

That's too sweet! I actually went "Awww" out loud reading that! He's so amazing! You guys are the best parents, can't wait to meet up again in Nov!