Thursday, September 27, 2007

Boy Toys

There's a big box of toys in the front office at work. It's full of balls, cars, trucks, musical things, big legos, and tons of other toys. You might think that this is Brody's favorite box (or "bop" in Brody language...he hasn't gotten "x" down yet) in our office. The toy box is NOT Brody's favorite box to play in. He would much rather play in the toolbox behind Junior's desk! Anytime he hears Junior open it...he runs over there! This morning I realized that Brody was being really quiet while I was working. Where did I find him? Playing in the open toolbox!
In fact, he carried around a set of allen wrenches all morning. Instead of the toy phone (the one he got for his birthday from RaeAnn...the one that rings and makes noise)....the allen wrenches are his phone today.
One of Brody's newest words that is so cute to hear him say is cricket! There has been an infestation of black crickets lately (not as bad as it gets at ACU...but I can't tell you how many I get rid of every day in our house!). Yesterday Brody walked out of the bedroom saying, "che chet!" He was insistent that I follow him back to the bedroom where he showed me a "che chet" hopping across the floor. Then we had to find "Teh or" (Trevor) and tell him to get the cricket! Brody kept pointing at the cricket so our half-blind dog wouldn't lose it! lol

7 comments:

RaeAnn said...

That's cute! I'm sorry. I left the tool box open yesterday.

Amy said...

Thatta boy, Brody!

I loved the cricket story. lol..

Steve and Joan said...

Brody is polishing his hunting skills on crickets!

Daddy Steve

Ledbetter Fam said...

How sweet! Crickets are so nasty. I'm glad we don't have to keep them in our house anymore now that the frog is gone.

JB

Anonymous said...

I read that it is good for kids to have toys that don't do anything on their own. It helps them develop their imagination.

Anonymous said...

All men like "tools" and Brody is a "little man" so it is natural for him to love tools. He has inherited that "special talent" to take things apart and put them back together. He just looks darling in that little outfit and those shoes and every hair in place.

Anonymous said...

^b Hi, Staci every picture are cute,You have wonderfull Family.God bless you .With jesus love:
Wendy Arriola.