Thursday, March 16, 2006

Value of a Picture

I love this picture of Mike. Last summer we spent a week out in Colorado. We climbed four 14ers, spent time rock climbing and exploring mines with Ben & Julie, and just relaxed in the great outdoors. We have done this almost every summer since we were married in '99. This year will be a little different. We still hope to make it out to Colorado...only I won't be able to climb mountains and rock climb. Instead I'll get to spend time with my dear friend, Julie, while Ben and Mike "play" outside :)

Tyler called me the other day asking how old our baby has to be before we can take it mountain climbing. I told him that you're supposed to wait until he/she is a year old before you climb up to high altitudes with him/her. So Tyler told us to mark August 2007 on our calendar to take a backpacking trip with him and Ann and maybe Caleb & Audria and Dad & Mom. Tyler & Ann will be spending their honeymoon on a beach, so I think he's excited to get back to the mountains!

I don't blame him. I'm so thankful for pictures! There are some days where I long to see the majestic beauty of the mountains. Pictures aren't quite the same...but I can pull up some pictures and close my eyes and visualize myself in a beautiful, peaceful setting.

This may seem like a really random post, but today was one of those days where I pulled up pictures from our last Colorado trip and took a trip back down memory lane...

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Staci-I love that picture! Kip and I are finally getting to do some adventurous things. All that has been on hold with babies and all for the past few years!

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture!

Some of our good friends in California bought their daughter her own rock climbing harness for her first birthday. It hooked onto the dad's harness or something like that. But I am pretty sure they have never used it with her. Turns out that they are pretty protective about dangerous things like that. But it was still a pretty neat contraption, and I see something like that in your future!

Okay, so I will admit that I am checking your blog pretty obsessively to find out the sex of baby knowlton! Where are you??!!