Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Meltdown

Yesterday after work Mike and I hooked up the trailer to the truck and headed to our 2nd home...Lowes. We arrived at 3:30 pm and spent hours loading up 1 basket and 3 carts with supplies to finish the laundry room and frame in the upstairs bathroom. Luckily one of the Lowes guys offered to help us out by pulling most of the lumber for us...the task I dread the most. (It takes me forever to find straight boards! Luckily I haven't been assigned that task in several months. It's nice being pregnant!) We got everything loaded up and paid for and finally headed to Applebees to get something to eat. While eating we looked over the LONG receipt and noticed several things that were wrong (one $396 charge that we couldn't even figure out what it was!) So after dinner we headed back to Lowes. Customer service fixed all the mistakes on the receipt and took off the $396 deck the cashier charged us for by mistake. We ended up getting $98 back! Yay!

So, after a few more stops, we're finally headed home. It's now 8:30 pm. Most of you know that I get up at 3:45 am, so I'm usually falling asleep by 8:30 pm. Well, we get home and now it's just me and Mike unloading the trailer and truck full of supplies. The task looked overwhelming! Mike is making the loads light enough so it's safe for me to lift and it didn't look like the stack was diminishing! I don't remember the comment that I made, but Mike said, "It's ONLY 9:00!" Well...I lost it. I started sobbing! "Do you realize how little sleep I'm gonna get?" First I see a look of shock pass over Mike's face...then comes the amusement as he realizes pregnancy hormones and sleep deprivation have taken over his dear wife.

Mike sends me to bed and tells me he can unload the rest by himself. I head inside, however, I can't stop crying until my head finally hits the pillow. Seems pretty funny today...but yesterday it was a very serious situation! I'm so blessed to have an understanding and loving husband!

4 comments:

RyAnn said...

That made me laugh. Those hormones can do such strange things to you! I remember crying a lot when I was pregnant. I am sure there will be more tears to come, but they are all worth it!

Anonymous said...

Pregnancy hormones must be soaring! I had one of those days this morning. Scott was picking on me. He was teasing me and saying that he was going to find out if it was a boy or girl if we had a sonogram today. I really didn't want him to being this close to the end. He kept asking me why I was crying and I said I don't need a reason to cry right now, but I don't want you to find out what sex it is. He promised to quit teasing me!

Anonymous said...

ahhh...the dreaded pregnancy breakdown. I guarantee this will not be the last, my friend!

Shauna said...

I have been pregnant for the last 5 years or so so Kip just thinks that is how I am all the time. :0) Now that I am unpregnant for good - lucky Kip!