Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Wheels on the Bus

Every day across America thousands of children climb aboard a school bus and wave "bye" to their mom.  I've been using different wheels to get Brody, Barrett, and Autumn (Joseph & Anna's little girl) to preschool on Tuesdays & Thursdays.....
 
That's right, we've been walking to school!  I put the big kids in the jogging stroller and Barrett on my back and enjoy a beautiful morning stroll.  It's about 1.5 miles round trip, so when I walk them to school and walk back to get them after school...that adds 3 miles to my daily exercise routine!  I may be walking, but carrying Barrett on my back and pushing 2 kids up hill gets my heartrate up.  Not only is it good exercise, but the kids love it!  On days where one of the boys wake up late and we don't have time to walk...they're all extremely disappointed.

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

That's a great way to add to your workout and have fun at the same time!

Tyler Hastings said...

Cool! Way to go Green! ;)

Leave It To Davis said...

Reminds me of the days when I used to mow with Brady in the backpack and Bryan in between me and the mower "helping" me push it....made it harder because I had to make sure he didn't get hurt. We are amazing moms, aren't we? :)

RaeAnn said...

I had good intentions of walking to pick Cheyenne up from preschool while I was home on maternity leave but never got around soon enough. Glad you are able to do it!