Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Party

Yesterday was Halloween Party day at the boys' preschool!  They had been looking forward to this day for weeks!  Brody finally decided to be Superman and Barrett was happy wearing the fireman outfit that I suggested he wear.  (*Side note*  Barrett is sitting on the potty while I'm typing this post and I can hear him singing "Jingle Bells" over and over again!  I guess he's already getting excited about Christmas now that his Halloween party is over?!?)

Superman (Brody), Fireman (Barrett), and Sweetheart Bat (Autumn) ready to go to school!
They started the day off with a parade outside the school (that way all the parents could spread out and take pictures).  Brody was the sheriff of the day (he took his sheriff outfit to change into after the parade) so he got to be the line leader.
The kids in Barrett's class were a little more unsure about the whole parade thing.  They seemed nervous about all the strange adults watching them (cameras poised) and looked desperately around for their mommy.  When Barrett finally saw me he burst into tears and then I ended up carrying him around until it was time to go back to class.
Brody's class...
 
At the end of their school day it was party time!  I went up there in time for the party (although I went to Brody's class for the party because I was afraid Barrett would just cry and cling to me if I went to his class!  I saved his class for the end.)  They had snacks and made a craft.


When I went to Barrett's class, he let me take his picture with Ms. Amber and Ms. Donna.  He talks about his teachers all the time at home, so I know that he loves being in their class!
 

2 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

loved the jingle bell story!

Ann Hastings said...

First of all- I am cracking up at work after reading that Barrett is singing Jingle Bells while going to the bathroom-HALARIOUS!
Second of all- The boys look ADORABLE! I love their outfits!