Sunday, October 03, 2010

Jayden's Birthday Weekend

Sunday, September 26, 2010

On Thursday night Grammy, Angela, and Jayden arrived at our house for a weekend of birthday celebrations.  We spent the day Friday running errands and watching the boys play.  Friday after work Mark got to town and we all headed over to Daddy Steve and Namaw's for the first birthday celebration of the weekend...Mike! 

Saturday was a rainy day.  They boys played inside, Mike and Mark alternated between playing with the kids and watching college football games, and Grammy, Angela, & I had some girl time!  On Saturday night we celebrated Mark's birthday.
After we put the kids to bed, Grammy, Angela, and I went to work decorating the cake for Jayden's basketball themed birthday party.
 
The birthday party was this afternoon at Chuck E Cheese's.  We were shocked when we pulled up and could hardly find a parking space!  I couldn't believe how many people were there!  We actually had to wait in a line (that went out the door and down the sidewalk) just to get inside!  It may have been mass chaos in there, but the kids didn't seem to notice and they still had a blast!
I think Jayden's birthday cake turned out so cute!
Some of the Chuck E Cheese action....
(Barrett thought it was really cool when he was driving a car with Chuck E Cheese as his passenger and it took his picture and printed it!)
I wasn't surprised to find Jayden shooting basketballs.
 
We attempted to get a group picture with Chuck E Cheese, but this was the best we could do.  Did I mention it was mass chaos?!?
Mike and I were the brave ones who sat at the kids table.  I feel sorry for the workers who have to clean under the tables.  (Oh wait...I think I do that on a daily basis at our house.  Such is the life of families without a dog.)

Did I mention that I was there too?  lol
 
Jayden was really excited about the present Kara (Mark's sister) gave him.  It was so cute when he went to give her an Eskimo kiss!
Before long Jayden tired of opening presents.  Brody was more than willing to take his place!  Brody opened the rest of his presents for him and I think he was as excited about them as if they were his own! 
After presents and cake (which I forgot to mention that the only part of the cake Jayden and Barrett wanted to eat were the M&M's.  They ignored the cake itself and just started picking off all the M&M's! lol) the kids went back to play more games.  Did you know that Jayden can even turn skeet ball into a basketball game?
We tried to get a picture of the cousins in the Chuck E Cheese car, but (as you can tell from this picture) we waited too long.  They were already worn out and ready to leave by the time we attempted the photo.  Jayden looks like he's already asleep, Barrett is probably screaming that he wants to "do it myself", and Brody is looking on with a "what just happened?" expression.
 
Everyone enjoyed the quiet car ride home and then it was time for one last present for Jayden (from Grammy).  Can you tell that he thinks he's pretty cool stuff when he's driving his motorized Lightning McQueen car?
 
Mark's heading back home tonight, but we have one more day to play with Jayden (and Grammy  & Angela).  It's been a fun weekend.  We're glad we got to be a part of celebrating Jayden's 2nd birthday!

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

You captured some great pictures in the midst of all the action, looks like a great time!

Steve and Joan said...

Chuck E. Cheeses was a trip! I agree with Ann that you took fantastic shots of all the action. I feel like I was there... wait, I was there!

Dad