Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Training in Truth

"Old Testament and New Testament. Two parts of the Bible!"
That's what Brody randomly spouted out about 30 minutes after we got home from church tonight. He told us that Miss Amy taught him that. He kept telling it to us over and over while he formed his hands like a book. It was so cute!

Brody and I are working on a few memory verses. I decided to start with the verses we taught the Cubbies at AWANA. He can say the first verse: "All have sinned." however "Romans 3:23" seems to be a mouthful for him! lol We're also starting to work on 1 John 4:10 which says, "God loved us and sent his son." He says this one along with me but not by himself yet.

Monday night Brody and I ate our dinner (pizza) outside. It felt great outside (until the mosquitoes came out). Brody took his first bite of pizza and said, "Yummmm! Thank you God for good food!"

It makes my heart soar when I hear our son talk about God with so much love and enthusiasm! I can't wait to see what great things he'll do for the kingdom!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I can't take all the credit for that - Miss Jennifer is teaching that to the kids in chapel and i decided to incorporate it in our wednesday evening class - i'm so glad he is picking that up - it's exciting. Miss Jennifer is also teaching that the Bible has 66 books and they also have done the beginning of the NT - so you can practice those as well!!
A

RaeAnn said...

That's great that Brody is learning and understanding about God at such a young age. He has great teachers!

Anonymous said...

Brody has so many great things in this future. I am glad you are preparing him.

Anna said...

That's awesome! I love the little morsels we get to see of God through our children! Thanks for sharing...