Wednesday, September 03, 2008

First Day

Anyone who has been around Brody knows that he talks non-stop from sun up 'til sun down. Well..not yesterday. I was told that he said maybe 2 words the entire time he was at school! (Of course, he made up for it as soon as we walked out the door.) I'm sure he'll open up more once he gets used to the teachers and the routine.

Here are a few pictures:

"Should I be serious at school?" "or energetic and outgoing?"
This is where Brody hangs up his backpack by his classroom. He's in the Puppies class this year.
Miss Amy is his teacher (notice that he decided on the serious look when we got to school). She is so sweet with the kids and I know that he's gonna love her!
This is Barrett when we got back to the car. Can't you see the expression in his face? "What do you mean we're leaving Brody here? Who's gonna talk to me all day?"



BARRETT SLEEP UPDATE: I woke him up yesterday morning so I could feed him before taking Brody to school. He slept 9 hrs 45 min!!! Last night he slept all night again. I woke him up this morning at 8:30 am. He'd slept 9 hrs 15 min! YAY!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting for Brody to be going to school! He looks older than 2! Glad Barrett is sleeping so much at night. It helps when you have 2 kids to keep an eye on all day!

Unknown said...

What cute pictures of Brody! I love Barrett's expression, too. And I am so glad that he is sleeping for you!

Amy said...

Brody is so cute on his first day of school. And YAY for Barrett pictures!! We don't get to see enough Barrett pictures :) We'll have to do a session while I'm in Dallas :)

Paula said...

Brody is just focused on his education and learning.

Paula said...

The previous comment was actually by Steve. :-)

Anonymous said...

What a big boy!!! He will be the smartest one in his class and the leader. Just give him time. Such a cute picture of Barrett!!

Gmommy

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

wow! they are growing up so fast!

Ann Hastings said...

Brody will warm up, it's a lot to take in all at once! He's going to be everyone's friend, I can just see it now :) Barrett's face is adorable in that picture- you captured it perfectly!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Brody's going to have so much fun this year! Amy is a great teacher!!!

JB

Teri said...

Aww Brody, how cute you are! I hope you had a good day at preschool! Congrats Barrett on the sleep thing! Yeah for mom and dad for sure!

Laura said...

Brody looks so cute for his first day of school! Barrett is getting so big!! Yay for the sleep!!