Monday, September 22, 2008

Fun Weekend

We had a weekend that was packed full of fun events! Friday night Mike and I went out to dinner (by ourselves!) and then met Angela at Daddy Steve & Namaw's house (with the boys) for ice cream birthday cake (from Marble Slab). It was YUMMY!!! We stayed there until way past our bedtime just talking. A week from today is eviction day for baby Jayden! We can't wait to meet him!!!

Saturday was part 2 of my birthday present to Mike. Thanks to Matt (my cousin Julie's husband) I was able to give Mike a golfing extravaganza birthday. A few weeks ago I sent him to do part 1. He went to Matt's golf store and had his clubs fit to him (like the pros do). Saturday was part 2. He got to play golf on a really nice golf course with Matt, Tyler, and Gary (Matt's partner in the golf store). It sounds like they had a lot of fun together.

While Mike was golfing, Ginger called and told me that she had 2 extra tickets to Six Flags. Since 2 and under get in free, Dad and I used the extra tickets and took Brody with us! So it was Ginger, Jesse, Dad, me, and Brody. I rode some of the big rides with Ginger and Jesse and then spent the afternoon with Dad and Brody. I think everyone was exhausted when we left the park...but we were all still smiling! I'll get the pictures from Dad later and post some pics of Brody's first Six Flags trip.

Sunday we went to church and then had a birthday lunch at Dad & Mom's with Caleb, Audria, and Ann (Tyler was studying at home). Then Caleb & Mike went with Wade & Travis (from church) to a Texas Rangers game. Brody & Barrett napped. I did some speed cleaning at our house. Sunday night we met 4 other couples from church at Taco Bueno and then went to Alley Cats for a few games of laser tag. We had so much fun hanging out with all of them! I know there are many more get togethers in our future with these couples.

Today I went to step class at 9:00 (I just love that class. The teacher makes up lots of fun choreography!) Mike gave Brody a much needed hair cut while I was gone. Now Mike has gone to play in a golf tournament (with Matt & Gary) and I'm getting ready to make lunch and then go to work! Aren't you glad you now know all the details of our weekend?! lol

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Thanks for going w/us to Six Flags! We had a blast w/y'all. Also, thanks again to Joan for watching McKenna so we could go. :)

RaeAnn said...

WOW! Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see pictures!