Wednesday, September 10, 2008

104.4

You may remember a few weeks ago when Mike was sick with a sore throat. Well...it's back. Monday he started feeling yucky again. First it was just his throat. Yesterday he had a slight fever and was achy all over. Today he was even worse. Mike called me (yes...called me) from the other room on his cell phone around 11:30 this morning to ask if I could get him into the dr. He said he'd tried calling out to me but I must not have heard him. He had a sore throat, headache, body aches, fever, and was shaking with chills. Since my parents are out of town, I dropped the boys off with Jan & Ron and took him to see the doctor. When the nurse took his temperature we were shocked to hear it was 104.2!!!!! No wonder his head hurt and he felt so hot! They gave him more Advil, a shot of antibiotics, a shot of steroids, and then drew his blood to check his white cells. When they came back in later his temp was up to 104.4 (I don't think I've EVER had a fever that high). His white cells are elevated, but not high enough to send him straight to the ER. The dr sent us home and said that if his fever doesn't go down in the next few hours that I need to take him to the ER.

I just got all the boys down for a nap (Brody, Barrett, & Mike). When I felt of Mike's head, he felt much cooler...so hopefully we won't be making an ER visit tonight. Please pray that he starts feeling better soon (it makes me so sad to see him like this) and also pray that the rest of us stay well! I'm gonna keep him quarantined so that the boys aren't even around him.

No comments: