Saturday, December 29, 2007

Park with Daddy Steve

Today Daddy Steve took Brody to TWO parks! I guess one park didn't wear them out...so they went for a second one! Mike and I were at Caleb and Audria's house while they were at the park. Caleb had an Xbox get together with a bunch of guys, so I went to keep Audria and Tricia company. Here are a few pics that Daddy Steve took of Brody while they were at the parks.
"I want to go down the slide...but I want you to hold my hand!!!"
"Wow! This must be a big boy slide! I'll go down it if you'll catch me, Daddy Steve!"
Hmmm. Do any other moms notice the perfectly dry ground around the one little stream of water? But where does Daddy Steve let Brody walk thru in his shoes...when it's cold enough for a coat?!? Oh well. Boys will be boys.
They didn't just go to the parks to play on the playground, Daddy Steve also loaded up the mower! He figured Brody could help out the city by doing a little mowing while they were there. You can't smile while you're mowing...it's work!!!
About 2:00 pm I got a call from Ginger asking if we were still in TX. When I said yes she responded, "Get back down to Temple!!! I'm in labor!!!" So I called Mom who packed up the car, stopped by the park to tell Dad and Brody where we were going, then came and picked me up at Caleb and Audria's house so we could go to Temple. I think Brody was a little worried about food when we left him alone with Daddy Steve. Last time he was left alone with Daddy Steve for a meal he got a jelly sandwich (that's right...no peanut butter...Daddy Steve thought it was too sticky and was afraid Brody would choke on it) and raw carrots (hard for a kid with just 2 bottom teeth to eat)!!!
He shouldn't have been so worried. Daddy Steve knew right where to take Brody for dinner. Taco Bueno!!! I may be mistaken...but that looks like a LOT of food for 2 people (when one of them is only 16 months old)! Daddy Steve told us that Brody said "Hi" and "Bye" to everyone who went in and out the door while they were there eating.
After dinner they stopped by the Rhodes house just to say hi. I think Daddy Steve enjoyed having Brody all to himself for a day.

1 comment:

Steve and Joan said...

I've got the biggest smile on my face after reading about this because I WAS THERE! It was so much fun to be with Brody! He is a great kid! You and Mike are doing a wonderful job raising him. Keep it up!