Thursday, December 27, 2007

Lifelong Friends

After a day of relaxing (and going to Kohls for the 4th time since we've been in TX), I got to go to dinner with just girls while Mike went to Caleb's house to help him organize his garage.

I've been friends with Megan and Juli Beth for as long as I can remember. Every year at Christmas we go to dinner at Abuelo's...just the three of us. We talk about anything and everything. This year we suddenly felt old when we realized we'd been talking about health insurance for over 20 minutes! Megan is pregnant and due just 10 days after me, so when we got back to the house we "played baby" (as Megan calls it). She has rented a doppler and we were able to hear her baby's heartbeat and our baby's heartbeat! It was really cool! Then we did the pencil/ring trick to try to see if we could figure out the sex of our babies. (There's nothing like impatient, pregnant women who are dying to know the sex of their baby! lol There's all kinds of online predictors and old wives tales that are supposed to help you figure it out before you have a sonogram.) It said boy for me and girl for Megan. We'll see if it's right in another month...hopefully! (My sonogram is scheduled for February 5th. Let's hope the baby cooperates!!)
They stayed and talked until midnight (well past all of our bedtimes) and then I crawled into bed!

No comments: