Thursday, December 20, 2007

Famous for a Day

I know...two posts in one day! Crazy!!! I just had to tell you about the day I felt famous!

Last Saturday I was shopping at Hulen Mall with my sister-in-law, Angela. We stopped at the food court to grab a bite to eat. While I was standing in line at Chick-fil-A, a girl turned around and said to me,
"You look so familiar! Where do I know you from?"
I didn't recognize her at all and replied, "I have no clue!"
Girl: "Did you grow up here?"
Me: "I grew up in Arlington, not Ft. Worth (where we were at the time)."
Girl: "Oh. That's not it then."
Me: "I don't live around here now. I live in Kansas."
Girl: "That's how I know you! I read your blog!!"

WHAT?!?!?! It was then that I felt famous ;) Come to find out she reads Shauna's blog and from Shauna's blog she started reading my blog! How cool is that? I actually MET one of my lurkers at the mall! lol! Now that I know you read (at least some times)...you better start commenting, Heather! All you other lurkers better watch out! You never know when you may run into me in public!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a blog lurker!! I read several blogs every day of people that I have never met. It's strange, but addictive!

Shauna said...

How funny!!! Yes - Heather is Meredith's sister...I actually dont know if you know Meredith - she went to ACU with us. Anyhow...that is great!

Amy said...

I want to run into you somewhere!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's crazy!

Laura said...

I love to lurk too!! So cool that you met a lurker!

Taren said...

I'm a lurker too. You may remember me from babycenter. I don't even remember how I came across your blog, but when I did, I recognized you and I've been reading ever since. Congrats on your pregnancy! I love the video you used to announce it.

heatherw said...

Here's the lurker! It was so weird to recognize someone I had only seen on the internet!

hejlyeah said...

That is CRAZY. A little creepy, but cool to have that network going!